So as I am waiting for more parts for the rc car, I moved my focus to getting my circuits off the breadboard. So I made the H-bridge on a protoboard! Here is the result
I got the protoboards online from ‘watterrott electronics’. It is my first time doing a protoboard, so I was quite excited when I tested it when it was done, and discovered that it worked! I was expecting failure at least so it was a happy surprise. Before I started I researched a bit about how to solder the connections, but I am sure I made a aesthetical mistake anyway or something – but hey it works!
I received a LiPo battery, but forgot to order connectors, so that is the current status of my project.
Oh and wait.. I overhauled the Arduino code, so now I can control both the motors and the servo through serial connection at the same time. It takes commands like: “M, 255,S,0” for full speed straight ahead, or “M,-200,S,15” for almost full speed backwards with the front wheels turned 15 degrees clockwise. I have also been looking at “Flask” to make a homepage on my RPi that sends serial messages to the Arduino.
Feel free to ask away if something is unclear!